To keep your brows freshly shaped and perfectly pigmented following your eyebrow microblading treatment, you need to follow a few crucial steps to achieve and maintain your desired results.
From stringent aftercare to avoiding harsh products and protecting your skin against UV rays, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about microblading aftercare. But first, let’s unpack the treatment so you know what to expect before your eyebrow microblading appointment at La Klinic.
Everything you need to know about brow tattooing in Melbourne
Eyebrow microblading is a semi-permanent treatment that uses a handheld tool to create incredibly fine strokes, producing a realistic hair effect with a natural finish. For those who have overplucked their brows in the past or have sparse patches of hair they wish to conceal, microblading offers a long-term solution to common beauty wows.
The benefits of microblading
- No upkeep — Once your treatment for brow tattooing in Melbourne is complete and your brows have healed, they’re officially smudge-and- budge-proof, meaning you can swim or work up a sweat without impacting the results.
- The ultimate time saver — If you spend what feels like hours in the mirror shaping your brows and applying multiple products to achieve the perfect arch, eyebrow microblading is the ideal time-saving solution to this common beauty concern.
- Natural-looking results — The eyebrow microblading treatment is completely customisable. Whether you want to add fullness and depth or create a more defined and pigmented arch to frame your face, La Klinic’s team of microblading artists will work with you to help you achieve your desired results.
During your complimentary consultation, our team will assess your facial morphology to determine the best shape, colour and style to complement your features. They’ll then use a specialised eyebrow pencil to map out the desired brow shape and ensure symmetry. Due to the fine, hair-like strokes this treatment delivers, all patients can expect natural-looking results that frame their faces in the best light.
- Long-lasting results — Gone are the days of using products to keep your brows looking full, fluffy and flawless. This treatment delivers results that last up to two years or more, so your brows will retain their shape, arch and size.
For those with oily skin that cannot hold the pigment, our experts may suggest a combination of microblading and powder brows — two treatments that complement each other and deliver the most outstanding results.
Care guide for eyebrow microblading — steps to follow post-treatment
Once your treatment is complete, you’ll be given a microblading aftercare guide that you must follow for optimal healing and pigment retention. Here are some tips to help you maintain your desired results:
Immediately after treatment for 7 days:
No chlorine, steam rooms, sun exposure, salt water or excessive sweating activities. And use of skin actives, such as retinol.
To prevent flaking or peeling, apply the emollient supplied 3 times a day for at least 7 days.
During the lifespan of your brows, we recommend:
- Avoid too much sun exposure — UV rays can damage the pigment, causing it to fade prematurely. Following your eyebrow tattooing in Melbourne, you will be advised to minimise sun exposure and apply SPF when going outside.
- Avoid intense daily sweating or exercise — Continual sweating dilutes the pigment in your brows, so it’s best to avoid intense workouts daily. You should also avoid daily steam rooms, hot yoga and any activity that causes excessive perspiration.
- Avoid harsh skincare products — Skincare products containing retinol, glycolic acid and other strong exfoliants can accelerate the fading of microbladed pigments. That said, you should avoid using harsh products with active ingredients directly on your brow area.
- Avoid chlorine and saltwater swims — Swimming in chlorinated or salt water can cause the pigment to fade more quickly, negatively impacting the aesthetic outcome. If you can’t avoid these activities, try to apply a protective barrier (like a thin layer of petroleum jelly) to your brows before swimming.
- Make sure to stay hydrated — Proper hydration will keep your skin soft and supple, preventing dryness or the flaking of scabs that can alter the longevity of your results. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
By following these microblading aftercare tips, you’re aiding how long your microbladed brows will last and how well they maintain their appearance. As the healing phase continues two to four weeks post-treatment, you may notice the pigment in your brows appears lighter — this is to be expected as the pigment gradually sinks into the deepest layers of the skin and true results form.
Book your microblading appointment at La Klinic today
If you’re ready to elevate your brow game and achieve the perfect set that complements your facial features, book your appointment for brow tattooing in Melbourne online at La Klinic.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about microblading aftercare or what results you can expect, contact our team of Elite Linergists — they’d be more than happy to help.