Aftercare & Maintenance
Your cosmetic or medical tattoo is a semi-permanent treatment that can take 28 days to heal. There is little to no ‘downtime’ after our procedures but you’ll benefit by following these aftercare instructions.
Immediately after your procedure the treated area will appear darker and will lighten as it heals. The true depth of colour is achieved after the second appointment. If your skin is excessively oily, or you regularly have saunas, hot yoga, or perspire heavily, your tattoo may not last as long. You may choose to have a third treatment for more definition and depth of colour at an additional expense.
- Do not pick, peel or scratch the treated area as this may cause uneven healing or risk infection, or scarring.
- Make-up is not to be applied for at least 48 hours. This could lead to infection and cause the colour to change.
- Please do not use cleansers for 48 hours.
- Avoid exposure to chlorinated or salty water for 7 days as this could dilute the pigment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 2 weeks. Exposure to the sun can cause fading and may cause the colour to change. After 2 weeks always apply sunscreen to protect the treated area.
- Skin topicals that contain acids or retinol may lighten the colour prematurely; we strongly advise against the use of prescription Retin-A or Roaccutane close to your treated area.
- Please do not sit in a steam room for 2 weeks. Steam could make the colour bleed.
- If you are planning laser please inform your practitioner of your cosmetic or medical tattoo.
LIPS – Apply the supplied aftercare serum or Bepanthen Antiseptic constantly to the lips. It is normal for the lips to be dry and slightly tender. If you suffer cold sores continue the anti-viral medication as instructed.
BROWS – Apply the supplied aftercare serum or Bepanthen Antiseptic for a minimum of three times a day for the first week.
EYES – It is not necessary to apply aftercare but feel free to sooth the eyes with eyedrops.
CAMOUFLAGE – It is not necessary to apply aftercare but feel free to massage Vitamin E cream into the treatment area.
Feel free to contact your Elite Linergist with any questions or concerns: